some lesser-known must-see movies of the 21st century!

1. All The Real Girls

All the Real Girls (2003)
Okay, this movie is the biggest motivation for me to write this answer. I want all you people out there to go and watch it! It’s the universal story which happens to everybody wrapped in a charming little movie. Believe me, you are/were either the girl or the boy. Or the brother.
Also, haven't seen a better opening scene. Or a better kiss.

2. The Constant Gardener
The Constant Gardener (2005)
Is it just me or the most romantic movies are placed in a totally different genre in IMDB? Like this gem here. People would disagree if I say The Constant Gardener is about love but it is, more than anything else. Also, brilliant acting by Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz.

3. The Painted Veil

The Painted Veil (2006)
I think after Ralph Fiennes, Edward Nortan is the most romantic person on this planet and this movie is a testimony to that. This and The Illusionist.

4. Closer

Closer (2004)
Brilliant, brilliant movie. Deals with the complexity in the lives of two couples involved in adultery.  Also, seekers of the whys and hows of adultery, you won’t be disappointed.

5. Celeste and Jesse Forever 

Celeste & Jesse Forever (2012)
Ever justified staying in touch with your ex by faking we are too cool to get affected by break-up attitude? This is a movie for a trip down the memory lane for you.

6. The Next Three Days

The Next Three Days (2010)
I am a sucker for prison breaks and Russell Crowe totally aced this movie. A brilliant underrated movie of the decade.
 
7. The Winter's Bone

Winter's Bone (2010)
This is Jennifer Lawrence uninhibited for you. Enough said.

8. Brick

Brick (2005)
This is a lesser known, brilliant movie of Joseph Gordon Lewitt. A classic who dunnit story interspersed with love in its yet another beautiful form- grief.

9. The Five Year Engagement

The Five-Year Engagement (2012)
Officially, a romantic drama, but brilliantly funny. 

10. Easy A

Easy A (2010)
Finally, a clever teenage drama.
What if I say I finally found a teenage movie that evokes both laughter and feel good nostalgia of our school days in equal amounts. Emma Stone’s best movie so far.

11. The Cove

The Cove (2009)
This made me bawl my eyes out at the inhumanity that has crept into our society. It utterly broke my heart at how we have grown to accept things that, at introspection, shatter our nerves and convincingly persuade us to leave the life we have and live for a cause. I have never been the same again.

12. Speak

Speak (2004)
All who thought Kristen Stewart cannot act are sure to eat their words after watching this one. A coming-of-age masterpiece.

13. Incendies

Incendies (2010)
Okay, I agree this is not one of those lesser known movies like I promised. It did garner a lot of attention and accolades it justly deserves. I only added it for those who have missed it until now. And also, couldn't resist.

14. A Separation

Jodaeiye Nader az Simin (2011)
A gem of a movie. Haunting drama that will stay with you for hours, hell, days after you are done watching it.

That's all folks.
Will update if I recall more.

Search Anything from This Blog or Web

Web hosting